A new web application has just been announced by Netflix, quite unusual I must admit, that collects information for user's devices and provide recommendation on how they can be more secure. It can also provide notifications on unauthorized access of your devices and the best part of it is that its open source.
Here is part of the announcement:
Netflix is pleased to announce the open source release of Stethoscope, our first project following a User Focused Security approach.
The notion of “User Focused Security” acknowledges that attacks against corporate users (e.g., phishing, malware) are the primary mechanism leading to security incidents and data breaches, and it’s one of the core principles driving our approach to corporate information security. It’s also reflective of our philosophy that tools are only effective when they consider the true context of people’s work.
Stethoscope is a web application that collects information for a given user’s devices and gives them clear and specific recommendations for securing their systems.
If we provide employees with focused, actionable information and low-friction tools, we believe they can get their devices into a more secure state without heavy-handed policy enforcement.
Stethoscope download is available now on GitHub.
The technique is similar to that used with other single pixel cameras. The trick is to first randomize the light that the pixel detects, record the resulting light intensity, and then repeat this process thousands of times.
It’s easy to think that this randomization makes the task of creating an image even harder, but the reverse is true.
The randomization process changes the intensity of light each time the pixel records it. These differences in intensity are not random but instead correlated with the scene in front of the pixel. So producing an image is simply a question of mining this data to find the correlation. And the more data that is collected, the better the image becomes.
So by recording the intensity of light many times, it is possible to create a high-resolution picture with a single pixel.
Honda ingenuity meets the holiday tradition of Candy Cane Lane. Hop into our Honda sleigh and experience the magic of holiday lights in glorious 360-degree views.
With very few words .. here is the link: WHOisHiring
Ten global supercomputer rankings this year:
1, the light of Taihu Lake, Sunway MPP, SW26010, National Supercomputing Center, Wuxi, China, 10.6 million core, 93.01pf (quadrillion times per second operation)
2, Tianhe-2, TH-IVB-FEP Cluster, the National Supercomputer Center in Guangzhou, China, 3.12 million core, 33.86pf
3, Titan, Cray XK7 system ,, US Department of Energy, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 17.59pf
4, Sequoia, the IBM BlueGene / the Q system, the US Department of Energy's Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, California, 1.57 million core, 16.32pf
5, Cori, Cray XC40, Berkeley Lab, the National Energy Research Science Computing Center (NERSC), 14pf
6, Oakforest-PACs, Fujitsu Primergy CX1640 M1 cluster, Japan, advanced high-performance computing United Center, 13.6pf
7, K Computer, SPARC64 systems, 705,000 core, Japan, Riken Advanced Institute of Science computing, 10.5pf
8, Piz Daint, Cray XC30,11.6 ten thousand Xeon and Nvidia core, the Swiss National Computing Centre, Switzerland, 9.8pf
9, Mira, IBM BlueGene / Q system, the US DOE / SC / Argonne National Laboratory, 786 000 core, 8.6pf
10, Trinity, Cray CX40, US DOE / NNSA / LANL / SNL, 30.1 Wan core, 8.1pf
Samsung Electronics, announced today that it is introducing the industry’s first 8-gigabyte (GB) LPDDR4 (low power, double data rate 4) mobile DRAM package, which is expected to greatly improve mobile user experiences, especially for those using Ultra HD, large-screen devices. The 8GB mobile DRAM package utilizes four of the newest 16 gigabit (Gb) LPDDR4 memory chips and advanced 10-nanometer (nm)-class* process technology.
“The advent of our powerful 8GB mobile DRAM solution will enable more capable next-generation, flagship mobile devices around the world,” said Joo Sun Choi, executive vice president of Memory Sales and Marketing at Samsung Electronics. “We will continue to provide advanced memory solutions offering the highest values and leading-edge benefits to meet the escalating needs of devices having dual camera, 4K UHD and VR features.”
The new 8GB LPDDR4 operates at up to 4,266 megabits per second (Mbps), which is twice as fast as DDR4 DRAM for PCs working typically at 2,133 Mbps per pin. Assuming a 64 bit (x64) wide memory bus, this can be viewed as transmitting over 34GBs of data per second.
ORWL is the first open source, physically secure computer! It's the combination of the physical security from the banking industry - used in ATMs and Point of Sale terminals - and a modern-based Intel personal computer. Also, it's been designed in a stylish glass case which contains the latest processor from Intel.
An introduction to the brand new Thimble editor, by Mozilla.
The iphones are here and here we go with the tech specs of Apple new flagships:
- A10 Fusion Chip, 64 bit, Four core CPU, 40x faster than A9 in the 6S, 2x faster than the A8.
- Two high-efficiency cores that run at 1/5th the power.
- One Camera with optical stabilization, f1.8 aperture lens, new six-element lens. It comes with 12mp sensor that's 60 faster and 30 percent more energy efficient.
- Quad LED, doual tone flash with 50x more light and flicker sensor
- High gloss stainless finish called Jet Black. Also Gold, silver, rose gold
- Home button now non-mechanical. Force sensitive. Solid state with Taptic Engine.
- Water and Dust resistant for the new iphone (IP67)
- Live photos now can be edited!
- 7Megapixel front facing camera with auto image stabilization
- Longest battery life ever — 2 more hours on regular 7.
- A10 Fusion Chip, 64 bit, Four core CPU, 40x faster than A9 in the 6S, 2x faster than the A8
- Two cameras - 12 MP each ... a wide and a telephoto! You can create a zoom feature!
- 2x optical zoom. Up to 10x with software zoom.
- The dual cameras create a depth map to find the subjects of a photo and blur the background.
- New Retina display with 25 percent brighter, wide color gamut, color management, 3D Touch.
- STEREO SPEAKERS on the new iphone!!!
- There is NO headphone jack anymore!!! Lightning EarPods is the new standard. There will be a free dongle in order to use the old headphones [which is quite old fashioned btw]
- There are new wireless earpods [wireless headphones] now with 5 hrs battery.
- The new apple iwatch is swim proof up to 50 meters.
- Dual-core processor that's up to 50 percent faster, a new GPU with twice the graphics performance.
- 60fps on your wrist
- Built in GPS
- 2 X Brighter display - 1000 nits
- Watch Os3
- Apple Watch Series 2 comes in aluminum, stainless steel and ceramic